Monday, October 1, 2012

back to the future

No I did not buy a Delorean and I did not drive 88 miles an hour.  What I did do is go back to the city which I called home for 20 years.  I was there for a funeral of a very dear friend.  I camped, motorcycled and  broke bread with Buzz's family.  During that time I became part of their family as if I was related.  Through marriage I have also become attached to the family my niece's sister is married  to a nephew of Delores (Buzz's wife).  Kind of interesting one of my classmates also married into the family.  With those two things I was considered family. 

They say that you can never go back to a part of your life you have left.  But that is not true.  I left Beach and moved back to my home town and found that I just picked up where I left of after being gone for 46 years.  I also just went back to another life that I lead in Beach.  I always knew that I was liked there, but I really did not understand that I was truly loved there.  It was so fun catching up with all the changes in people lives and the structure of the town.

One of the structures I was interested in was my old house.  I found out it was interesting to see how it has been cared for.  But I did not feel any remorse in my choice to move from Beach.  I am totally happy in Bemidji and my new home. 

In up coming blogs I will talk more about my fabulous trip.


My old home


My 64ever classmate
 

No comments:

Post a Comment