Friday, October 26, 2012

soup kitchen








 



Thursday my high school graduating class prepared and served the meal at the soup kitchen. They ate a lasagna type casserole, lettuce salad, bread and dessert.  The soup kitchen serves between 100 to 150 meals any given night.  Homelessness is a continuing problem in Bemidji. It brings up questions to me such as why our churches send thousands of dollars to foreign countries when we have a very definite problem right here. Is there a missionary program here?  Have any country sent money to the US to help with our problems here? I am just saying...............   I know there aren't any answers to my questions.

Our class always has a great time when we are together.  I feel even closer to them then I did when I was in high school.  We laugh, joke, and reminisce.  The class of 64 ever.

1 comment: