Monday, October 10, 2011

Desserts by Design

Recently, I attended Desserts by Design a fund raiser for the Bemidji Symphony.  It was interesting to see the different tables.  Each sponsor set a beautiful table for eight guests.  They were responsible for making a dessert for their table.  When we arrived at the event we were offered wine and a time to look at all the other tables.  I was at the table called Danke  Shoen.  It featured  Hummel figures and German china.  It was beautiful.  We had Black Forest Cherry Cake.  The entertainment was performances of trios and quartets from the symphony members.  I understand that they made over 5 thousand dollars at this event.

I love  symphony music.  I go when ever I can. I once heard it said like this.  When you first hear a symphony piece you either love it or hate it.  If you hate it you can learn to appreciate it -- but it never becomes part of your soul.  When I listen to a good piece it moves my soul.

It was such a great evening I know I will go again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment