Sunday, October 16, 2011

Gobs of peanut butter

Recently I was at my son house in Jamestown visiting.  I had just heard that peanut butter was going to go up 30%.  Like every other senior what is on your mind you expound to great lengths.  I may have talked about peanut butter 2 or 3 times.  Finally my son said if he would give $10.00 for that extra raise in price could we just not talk about peanut butter for the rest of my visit.  That weekend I was having my daughter in law help me set up  my blog page.  She asked what I wanted for my address so the only thing I could think of was gobs of peanut butter, ergo the address.  Ergo is the old English word for therefore.  I use it a lot when I am doing crossword puzzles, but lately I have heard it in two commercials.   It is funny how words come back into popularity. Well, the end of this story isn't good.  Peanut butter went up 62%.  But I was ready with my 4 jars of peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment