Monday, October 3, 2011

Partridge for dinner

Several weeks ago I went out to my steel building.  For some reason I wasn't wearing my glasses.  No, I wasn't trying to be cool by not wearing them.  I am long past that stage.  So I saw a brown lump on the cement apron of the building.  Looking closer I realized it was a bird.  It was a partridge.  I called my son who is a hunter and asked him what I should do.  He told me to see if the bird is still hot to determine how long it had been there.  Well, it was still very hot so it must have just died from the shots of a hunter and only could fly to my place before he died.  Well, I cleaned it and had the best partridge dinner I have had in forty some years.  I wrote this story on my facebook wall, but didn't tell how I disposed of the bird.  I told my readers that they would have to use their imagination on my disposal.  One of my friends wrote "I bet you put it in your pear tree."

No comments:

Post a Comment