Sunday, October 30, 2011

Retirement

I am  a year and half into this thing called retirement.  I am no different then any other retiree who says I am busier now then when I worked.  True statement.  My clock says it all.  The only difference between work and retirement is when you work you had to wait until 5:00 to take your naps.  This clock was my favorite gift that I got when I did retire.  I got it from Natalie's Mom and Dad. Natalie is my son's wife.   So that makes it even more special.    In the words of Dana Carvey "Now, isn't that special." (church lady skit)  I am here to report that retirement is wonderful. 

Anyone that knows me well, knows that my passion is quilting.  Well, the year before I retired I got to thinking that I probably would not be able to afford this high dollar pass time.  So I started buying quilt kits a $100 apiece.  I quit when they totalled 25.  So far I have sewn every day of my retirement, but only have done 2 of the prepurchsed kits.  Talk about funny.

I think it was my mind set.  Work equalled money.  Since I was not working I would not have money.  It is really nice to see money just drop out of nowhere into my bank account.  

No comments:

Post a Comment