Monday, October 17, 2011

My first insulated garage



In the summer my garage would be as hot of 120 degrees.  In the winter it was just 7 to 10 degrees warmer that the temperature outside.  I have now have a heated, insulated garage. This winter will be an experiment in water control.  I do not have a floor drain.  I have two things going for me.  One is that I only keep my car in this garage.  I keep my truck in the steel building.  The other is that I drive my truck most of the winter.  My Prius has only 5-6 inch clearance and in Minnesota that just isn't enough.  My truck is a 4 wheel drive on the fly.  That decision which will cost me a bit more money on gas is a no brainer -- I drive the truck.  Besides it has heated seats.   I hope to keep the temperature in the garage at 40 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment