Saturday, October 1, 2011

Move to the north woods

After 46 years of living in different urban settings I have retired and bought a home in Northern Minnesota.  Oh, the peace and quiet of  life in the woods.  Not so.  Wildlife to me used to mean what was happening in the local pubs.  Not any more. Between the mountain lions, bobcats, wolves, and deer my motion lights are going on and off all night.  I originally wondered why the neighbors had their lights on the front of the house switched on all night.  Now I know. 

Recently I was awaken during the night with the neighbors dogs barking.  I opened the front door to listen.   Not only did I hear all the dogs barking I heard the wolves howling.   I was safe so I went back to bed. The next morning I found a dead fawn on my lawn. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment