Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Oh no I am deaf

I recently had an MRI.  It took all I had to be able to complete the test.  First of all you are stuffed into a form so that you can not move.  Then they put a space-like clear helmet on your head to well I guess I don't know its purpose.  You put ear plugs in as the machine is so loud and abrasive to your hearing.  I just kept going to a happy place and trying to remember everything about it so I could block out the test.  But the strangest thing that happened was the quickness that I got out of that confinement as soon as she brought me out.  I was so paniced that I jumped out and started tearing all the gear off.  The technician was helping. But the funniest thing that happened was  I kept saying I am deaf from that loud machine.  I said it over and over.  The technician then said that I should take out my ear plugs and of course I could hear just fine.  I have been laughing all afternoon.

Walmart has pharmacies in most of their stores.  I now see that they are also giving flu shots in the main aisle.  Now I wonder how long will it be that tucked in the back conrner you can get a MRI or a Cat scan?????

I got my test results back this morning and found out that there were no aneurysms present.  Yippee.  One of my close friends said that I always knew you had a good head on your shoulders.

2 comments:

  1. Yes you have a great head on your shoulders! Man that would be scary. I'm glad you are ok! Yesterday Ken Lesmann had a stroke. Konni said he is doing a little bettter last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about Ken Keep me posted on his recovery.

    ReplyDelete