Thursday, November 3, 2011

Appliances

I have often wondered about appliances breaking.  Tell me, how can an appliance work one day and be broken the next.  It is like they were programed to break on a certain date.  Nothing seems to be made to last.  Its like nylons.  I remember that my mom and grandmother were able to sew up a hole in their hose.  Now we can't even get to the event we put the nylons on before they run.  I solved that problem by buying liquid nylons.  I just spray them on when needed and off I go.  At lunch my friends thought that the regular nylons still had a purpose.  How could a robber just spray your liquid nylons on his face and hope that they would disguise his face.  I just shake my head.  But we did get a good laugh talking about all the possibilities.

Anyway my ice maker broke.  Two of the plastic paddles snapped off and one landed in the freezer and the other is wedged in the machine itself.  Each revolution that the ice maker does it hits that wedged plastic and strains until it finally snaps on by.  Well, I have ordered a new one.  Parts and labor $275.  He assures me that he will be here early next week.  No don't count on it.  Until then I am making ice cubes in a tray.  What a novel idea.

The repairman was here on Monday and put in my new unit.  I find that it is slowest ice maker I have ever seen.  This is Thursday and I have 1/2 of a bucket full. After reading this blog I had Aunt Sonja text me and tell me to stop using so much ice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment