Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hiearchy of Bitches





Maslow's Hierarchy of needs is a theory in psychology proposed by Abraham Maslow in a paper he wrote in 1943.  It was his way of describing human growth.  The lower based needs are on the bottom and the higher developmental needs are on the top.  I used this in my work daily, but from it I developed a Hierachrcy of bitches.  Excuse me, complaints.  In my everyday interactions with people I am able to judge by what they are complaining about were their need level is.  Such as complaint about sleep, or the water is not usuable in their home.  They are very needy and I should try to help them.  Whereas, if they are complaining that they did not get the tickets they wanted to the sports event or to the opera, they are fairly well actualized and probably need no help.

Recently I was talking to a friend and she told me about problems with her daughter that were of the  bottom two levels.  I sent my friend a card.  The next time I saw her she thanked and hugged me for the card  and she was amazed that it arrived just when she needed it the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment