Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Church family

One of the best attributes in the First Lutheran church is the church family.  I have never felt more at home in a church in my life.  I am so glad that I transferred my membership to this church.  I am part of the quilt group and the knitting groups which I have talked about before.  But I joined the Mary circle.  I was insistant that I join the Mary circle.  That was the circle I was in in Beach.  I told the ladies that I had just moved here and had changed everything else in my life that I needed to keep something stable and I had chosen to keep my circle the same.  Wow, was I a lucky camper to have joined this group of loving, dedicated to God women. 

We have a meeting, a bible study and eat at each meeting.  And of course we drink coffee.  Remember First Lutheran is the coffee drinkingest bunch as I have mentioned before.

We get our bible study out of the magazine called Gather.  Today lesson is on Power and Authority.
One of our members meets with our pastor and is our leader for the lesson.  After reading this lesson I can hardly wait to get to the meeting. 
We also draw names each month and pray for the person whose name we draw.  The power of prayer is strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment