Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The history of the safety meeting.

My Dad in the front and Uncle Willy in the back


My family has been having safety meeting as far back as I can remember.  They were started by my Uncle Wilfred.  He worked for Reserve Mines on the Iron Range.  He was in management. He managed the crew of workers. He visited our family a lot, especially coming to the cabin on Red Lake.  Anyway, at the lake there was a lot of just sitting around time.  Waiting for the bewitching time when the walleyes would be biting.  He would joke that we were having a discussion on safety as we were just sitting around not being productive.  Apparently that was the joke at his work when he found two or three guys not working.  He said he assumed they where having a safety meeting.  The phrase just happen to catch in my family and from then on everything was a safety meeting.  That is why I call the meeting with my nephew each day he stays with me a safety meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment