Saturday, November 5, 2011

Golf


What a game.  I got new clubs this year.  My last ones were forty years old.  They were Wilson Laura Baugh.  Really nice in their day.  Got to love the hybreds.  I really did not know much about them but I really like them.  My set came with a four and a five hybred.  I noticed that it did not come with a three iron.  I really missed that club.  So I just carry my old three from my other set.  Now the woods aren't made of wood.  They are a metal I am not sure of the spelling.  It starts with a T and ends with an M and the rest you are on your own.  Anyway,  I love the sound they make when you hit the ball.  I think that my driving game has improved thanks to the new driver.  Nothing can really help my putting game.  Maybe hours of practice.  But other then that it is what it is.  My irons game is good.  Mostly straight down the fairway.  I only lost two balls this summer.  My hits are short but controlled.

I text my son after my last game this summer and told him that I was two strokes short of a hole in one this year.  He text back that is probably called a par.  I told him that I prefer to call it a near hole in one.  We got a good laugh over that.

I usually don't improve much, but this summer was different.  Maybe I just concentrated more because of the new clubs. Can you spell titanium?        

No comments:

Post a Comment