Monday, November 14, 2011

Knitting -- My new best friend

Well, being cost effective is not always to best measurement of whether or not to do a project.  Since I have started knitting I find great satisfaction in making things that have a shape to them out of a piece of string.  Sock yarn is very much like the grocery string that we are familiar with.  In fact it might even be thinner.  Most socks cost $2.00 to $6.00 a pair.  Where as these socks cost $13.99  a pair but that doesn't include the intense labor to make each one.  I have two more balls of yarn to make two more pairs of socks. They are beautiful and unique.  

Now it makes sense to me that sock should come in pairs, but pants.  Why is it called a pair of pants?
Shouldn't it be called a pair of legs?    But then a shirt isn't called a pair of shirts, there by making it a pair of arms.  It just doesn't make sense to me.  I guess I will have to wait and ask God when I get to heaven just what went wrong in this pants thing.  I remember in Oh, God the movie where George Burns played God.  George as God said he was disappointed in the avacado as he made the pit to large.  Very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment