Sunday, November 13, 2011

Driving

Is it just me or are there truely that many poor driver in the world.  I take my brother to dialysis three days a week and have many opportunities to witness poor driving skills.  I guess just poor skills all around.  Walkers and bike riders are also bad.  At the time in the morning that I go to pick Dave up it is dark--6:00 AM.  Walkers and runners are out for their exersize.  It really surprises me that more aren't hit, hurt, or killed.  They all seem to think that their black jacket is just the ticket to go out in.  No light, no reflective gear and no brains.  They usually go in pairs so it seems what they are talking about is more interesting to them then where they are.  They are walking in the turning lane instead of the bike path or walking lanes.  I am always surprised when my lights pick them up.  Bicyclist, on the other hand, seem to believe that they are the only ones on the road and rules don't apply to them.  Predictability is the key word for bikers and cars to get along.  We as drivers need to be able to predict what the biker will be doing.  Just when you think you have it right they cut in front of you or come shooting out in front of your car from the sidewalk across the  crosswalk.  This all happens in the dark.
Drivers do not use their turning signal.  They must thinks that they need to save them or you know where they are going.  They make left had turns onto a 4 lane and end up in the far lane.  They are not aware of who or what is near them.  I have seen a number of bad accidents on Paul Bunyan Drive. It seems like all the drivers drive like they are going to a fire.  Or maybe they are giving away free booze somewhere and they must get there to be first in line.

There are two ladies that walk between Anne street and 30th and I see them everyday.  I just love them.  I don't even know them. They wear euclid green and reflective vest like are used on the highweay crews.  My hat goes off to them.

Today, I saw a man wearing the reflective vest, but he was carrying two flashlights The white light was heading forward and the red light he had backwards in his other hand. As he pumped his arms in his walk it looked like flashing lights. Gotta love him for his attempt to stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment