Sunday, July 22, 2012

best food

Every year I wait impatiently for the new potatoes and peas to be ready for creamed peas and potatoes.  But this plate has more story then that. The fish was caught yesterday in Lake Bemidji.  Can't get much fresher then that.  The cukes were grown in my garden.  I put a vinegar and sugar marinate on them.  Everything was delicious.  Summer gardening certainly has its rewards. Without factoring in the cost of my fence for my garden and my licence for the right to fish it was a very inexpensive meal. I always tease my son who has a boat that the fish he catches must be about 750 dollars a pound.    



1 comment:

  1. I'm so hoping I can plant a garden next summer I knew I won't have time this year to take care of it. I will have to find a farmers market somewhere, making me hungery! Your meal looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete