Thursday, July 5, 2012

storm




These are pictures of my yard.  The storm Monday night was terrible.  I have five trees down.  Let the clean up begin.  All my yard must be swept with a lawn sweeper.   I have swept my sidewalks.  Now I am going out to wash all my window again.  I had just finished doing that for the second time before the storm.  But it is not cool to have pine needlesnd bark stuck on your windows.  Then the tree cleanup. Before the storm I had hired someone to cut down two dead jack pines in my yard.  I guess he will just have more work to do. Of  course those two dead jack pines didn't fall to the wind, Only the good trees fell.  My yard isn't bad, my neighbor has it worse as one of his big trees hit his house. As I talk to people and drive through Bemidji I see the damage.  There was a curfew set last night in Bemidji.  No driving between 8:00 and 6:00 Tuesday morning.    Crews were out fixing all the lines and Picking up branches.  I didn't get my power back on until 3:39 Tuesday morning. As the reports came in there were places that had it much worse then I did.  My brothers house had a huge pine hit it.  The roof has some damage but  it  minimal


No comments:

Post a Comment