Sunday, July 29, 2012

Wood Carvers Festival

My ant creature was made to hold a flower pot, but was a great fit for my latest bowling ball.




The wood bench



Saturday started out just to go to a block rummage sale on Red Pine Road.  But then we remembered the Wood Carvers Festival in Blackduck.  A lot of walking and a lot of looking for just the right purchase.   I bought the rock ant and took it home for my latest bowling ball/gazing ball to rest on. With the very early start we were hungry and a cinnamon and sugar fry bread was just the ticket.  With renewed energy off we went to finish looking.  I really like the oar bird house but it wasn't in my budget today.  My friend liked the wooden bench maybe for her fire pit to be.   We talked to a lady that showed us her son's first carving of a woodpecker.  It was really good.  But I said it is easy to carve, all you have to do is take away everything that is not a woodpecker.  She told me that was the first time she heard that and planned to used that saying herself.
Then the question of the day should we go to Anderson's fabric shop.  Duh.  I am very proud of myself as I got out of there without a purchase.     

No comments:

Post a Comment