Monday, July 23, 2012

PBVAC Car show


My Buick's first car show-- the green bean is looking good

5 or 6 food vendors in the food court

golf carts helped move people in the heat from the car show to the parking lot and back

The high school is such a great place to hold this event.

Many vendors in the common area selling their wares


This brings back memories--Car hops, root beer and meeting up with friends.  Anyone remember snipe hunting??? 


My Dad had this 1950  car in black.  He put a propeller on that space like front 
.It was awesome when you saw one come down the road


One of the trophy winners 


This years Tee -- The historic chief theater marque stating Happy 40th to the car club

Giovanni's for pizza on the club

A memento from the club
This years car show was a roaring success even if the number of entries was down. I was very lucky as I fell into a great job which was intense, but it was totally in air conditioned environment.  The high school is a great place to hold this event.  Hopefully I did not make many mistakes so I will be a shoe in for next year with the same job.   In order for this show to take place there are a number of people that are responsible each doing their jobs with the expertise of a seasoned worker.  After I had finished making wind shield cards for those that were in the show I looked at the cars, looked at the vendors, and ate lunch.  I then attended the master gardener presentation.  But forgot to turn my phone off.  Off course I got a call.  But it was old friends from Beach, North Dakota.  They were in Bemidji asked if I could meet them for lunch.  When I told them that I could not as I could not remove my car they came and got me.  People are very important to me so I went with them to Country Kitchen.  I only told one person that I was leaving and my friend became very worried about me.  She asked everyone in the area where I went and she was worried.  The only person she didn't ask was the one that I told.  It is so great that someone is concerned for my safety and well being. I have wonderful stories to tell about the Olson family as I have known them for 23 years, but right now Buzz is fighting cancer and needs our thoughts and prayers. I went on many motorcycle trips with the Olson's including Sturgis.   After the awards were given away, the 10 fifty dollar prizes were drawn, the drawing for the engine, and the clean up was done we all met at Giovanni's Pizza and had a great dinner on the club.  What a great group of people and I have made many new friends.   And they are becoming as dear to me as the Buzz Olson family.      

No comments:

Post a Comment