Thursday, April 12, 2012

$29.00



I have a steel building that is on a separate meter then my house.  As you probably guessed I don't use much electricity any given month and probably none during the winter months.  But it has its own meter and a minimum of $29.00 is charged.  They refer to it is the access fee.  So I have contracted an electrician and a trencher to attach my building's electricity to my house meter.  There three differenct agencies that will have to come out and check if the route is clear.  The first two had machines that whistled like a bird.  They all seem to like to paint as they sprayed markings on the ground.  They assure me that the markings will last only about 2-3 weeks.  The last one must have run out of paint as he planted a wire sign that read no conflict.  It will cost me approximately one year of  $29 charges or $350 to change it over.  Then over the next 15 years I will save 5,220 dollars. So far it seems like a no brainer.   

No comments:

Post a Comment