Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Preparing for the pink grass and blue petunia border

Pink grass






Looks like a grave for a snake

Looks like 12 inches but it only 8















My yard is a blank palette.  A single man owned my house before me.  What has been done in the landscaping area is beautiful but sparce.  Every year I add to it.  This year two more raised gardens, a vegetable garden and a row of ornamental pink grass.  I am preparing my ground for my  pink grass that will arrive in mid May.   As you can plainly see that I live on top of a sand pile.  The further you dig down the finer the sand.  One thing is that I have great perculation.  Water never stays around very long.  Sand is not too unusual for Mnnesota.  It is either clay or sand.  The dirt that I dig up is going to the end of my driveway to build it up where it attaches to the main road.  At first I was pulling my gorilla wagon by hand until I had to explain to someone on the phone why I was out of breathe.  Then I realized that I do have a 4-wheeler.  I job is a lot easier.  But I am coming out of an fairly inactive winter and any work is more than I have been doing.

1 comment:

  1. It froze last night. Now should I continue gardening or wait for snow. As you can see I still have my plow on the 4 wheeler. After all this is Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete