Saturday, April 14, 2012

So help me God



                This is by a daughter of a murdered couple in Raytown , MO
, who had a Bible and Bookstore on 63rd street .. She says:

                When I had to testify at the murder trial of my parents a
 week ago, I was asked to raise my right hand... The bailiff started out
 "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the
  truth?"

 I stood there and waited but she said nothing. She said "Do > you?"

 I was so stunned I blurted out "What happened to "so help
 me God'?"

She came back with "Do you?" I replied yes, but I was
 perplexed.

              
 Then the judge said . "You can say that if you want to."

 I stopped, raised my right hand, and finished with "So help
 me God!"

I told my son and daughter that when it came time for them
to testify, they should do the same.

 I don't know what can be done about it, but it's time for
 us to step up and DO something.
  NBC this morning had a poll on this question.. They had the
 highest number of responses that they have ever had for one of their
 polls, and the percentage was the same as this:

 86% to keep the words, 14% against... That is a pretty
 'commanding' public response.

It is said that 86% of Americans
 believe in God.

Therefore, I have a very hard time understanding why there
 is such a mess about having
 "In God We Trust" on our money and having God in the Pledge
 of Allegiance.

 Why is the world catering to this 14%?
                In God We Trust

No comments:

Post a Comment