Monday, April 16, 2012

Prayer for those who influence others


Almighty God, you proclaim your truth in every age by many

voices: Direct, in our time, we pray, those who speak where

many listen and write what many read; that they may do their

part in making the heart of this people wise, its mind sound, and

its will righteous; to the honor of Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.










I am reading "Take good care of the garden and the dogs" by Heather Lende. She is a writer who lives in Haines, Alaska.
I quote a part of that book where she speaks about the above prayer.
"It says that those of us who write what 'many read' need to do our part in making the heart of this people wise, its mind sound and its will righteous." She goes on to say she misses more times then she hits, but at least she is trying.

I know that for me I am not even near that goal.  But with time I hope that I will be able to attain that goal.   I do know that I am consistent.  I started this blog October 1, 2011.  So far I have published a post every day since.  That is 200 posts. 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment