Friday, April 27, 2012

Unlucky Saturday

This is a story of what happens when I break my own rule about going to Bemidji on a Saturday. I just don't like the crowds of people.   Back a few weeks I went to the Senior Citizen pancake breakfast.  When I arrived I was confronted with an ambulance and a police car at the entrance.  The Emt's were working on a lady.  Not knowing that there was an entrance in the back I just waited.  When I was noticed they told me about the back way in.  But that is not until I witnessed her die.  After meeting with my friends I went about my day.  I found out that I should have just stayed home.  I went to get fencing materials for my garden project only to have the guy loading my poles put a small dent in the back panel of my truck.  Then I got home to make soup and my pressure cooker wouldn't hold steam pressure. The steam release valve of my pressure cooker had snapped off.   So I thought I should take a nap and turned on my TV in the bedroom only to have it go into lock down mode.  It would turn on, but not stay on.  Monday rolled around and I sent in the lid to the company and they will replace or fix mine.  I called the TV company and was very pleased with the first statement on the call which was we are very happy to tell you that our tech service is in the United States and you will be talking to an American about our American made TV.  After speaking with her a minute she told me what was wrong and that she would send out a gizmo to fix it.  Before I hung up I told her as a senior citizen who can't hear and can't understand when someone speaks fast and speaks with an accent I was very pleased with the American service techs and would she please pass that on to the upper management how important that is.  And  would they please continue that service.

Anyway the gizmo came and I follow the instructions and reset my TV.  It actually connected  to a satellite that enable the company tech to reset the TV.  The company is in California. My TV is working very well now. 

That day reminded me of that little guy in the old cartoons that had a black cloud over his head.  His name was Joe Btfspik from Lil Abner.  I remember this as this was my Dad's favorite cartoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment