Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fencing

Digging the holes
As I asked for information about my fencing project I got varying opinions.  But as I continued to talk to people about this project I found that my friend Don had some of the best advise.  He was very respectful of my ideas.  The issue was whether to use cement or not.  Well, I am here to tell you that I may or may not have used cement.  And if I do use cement it will be kept a secret. I really thought the digging the holes would be my hardest part.  But I had borrowed a post hole digger that was just twisted into the ground.   It worked much better than the ones I used when I was a kid on the farm.  Dad didn't distinguish between male or female.  As kid both my brother and I had to fence.  The farm that I grew up on was not sand like I have at my present place.  It was rocky and clay.  Much more difficult to dig.


Poles set








Rik's idea as explained to me via the phone

One more side to go

No comments:

Post a Comment