Thursday, April 26, 2012

American Legion Post Home




Tuesday Night I helped serve a free Legion Spaghetti supper.  I really had a great time.  I worked with three other gals from the Auxiliary.  I am glad that I transferred in to the Ralph Gracie Unit 14 of Bemidji.  The reason that the Legion men where meeting was to discuss the necessity of selling the Legion building.  The Legion has 510 members, but only about 25 of those members are active.  The post is in  financial difficulties.  The bottom line is that they have lost money for every year for 10 years.  The expenses to maintain and run the post building  are too much for the membership to support.   They have an offer on the table that is between 400 and 500 thousand dollars.  That hits the mark of the building's  appraisal.  The post will not be folding.  They will move to a building with smaller footprint and reopen in a building that they can afford.  The final vote was to sell the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment