Saturday, January 28, 2012

Childhood




This  my neighbors yard.  Their oldest child is an eight grader.  Here he has built a solam for snow boarding or sledding.   The trail starts at the top between the two blue poles.  Then you become airborne and land on the top of the picnic table.  Then you are launched again in the air and hit the top of the snow pile and then shoot out in the the road.  Sirius Drive.  That is the street I live on.  Some times during the day the traffic is thick.  I hope he is careful, but I do remember the things that my brother and I got into as kids.   We had a flying saucer that went down a hill trail and then out on Stone Lake.  I remember going so fast that I clipped off a tree that had a trunk of 2.5 inches thick.  The tree and I went down the rest of the hill together.  Or the time we were teaching our younger sister to ride her bike so we put her on and launched her down our steep drive way.  Needless to say she landed in a heap with a broken arm.  That was the last time she let us try to teach her to ride a bike.  It is amazing what kids will do.  We all must have believed that we were invincible.

I wonder if that garbage can in the picture is there to pick up the pieces.

    

1 comment:

  1. The boys spent all day Saturday working on the jump. They took out the picnic table and made it all of snow. It seemed to work better.

    ReplyDelete