Thursday, January 5, 2012

Heart beat

For quite awhile now I have been hearing and feeling my heart beat in the back of my head.  I have given the medical community a chance to solve this problem. They have checked my carotid artery, they had me take a MRA (MRI for only the head) and checked my blood pressure.  If you are a faithful reader of my blog you would know that I passed these test with flying colors.  We yesterday they called and told me that for a year I have been taking two medications that are not compatible.  So I switched my blood pressure med to one that is compatible.  But in the mean time I have also been googling this problem and have found out some very interesting remedies.  So along with my med change. I also started several of the other remedies.  First of all, one lady got relief by rubbing just behind the ears.  Wow, what I found was there was a lot of pain in my left inner ear.  But I got instant relief from the heart beats.  Another lady took antihistamines which seemed to relieve her problems.  Since I am highly allergic to things I thought that couldn't hurt.  Again improvement.  Sleepiness occurred but also improvement.  The another man had wax build up in his ears so it suggested a mild solution of salt water to rinse away that build up.  Again, more improvement.    Here is where it gets weird and interesting at the same time.  There was a lot of references to a Native American remedy for this problem.  It was to make an oil based concoction that you put in your ear.  The recipe was mustard oil and two cloves of garlic.  Well as you might have guess that you can't buy mustard oil in Bemidji, so I had to make it.  Mustard powder steeped in olive oil.  Then you stain it.  Other then smelling like a pastrami on rye it seems to be working with the other remedies.  I have just had several mild bouts since I have started this process.  Hopefully I will be able to say soon that I have cracked the case and I am back to normal.  That is kinda scary in itself.

2 comments:

  1. Love it - glad all the rememdies are working out! Very intetesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete