Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I just don't get it.

I just don't understand people.  Without telling much about my latest observation of rudeness I hope to convey my concern about words.  You know the sticks and stones ditty how they break your bones but that words will never hurt me.  Well, I am here to tell you that words do hurt.  People!!!!!   Mind your tongues!!!!!!!! The offender is usually the uninformed, mentally challenged, or jealious.    I know I can't change people, but I can work on me.   First of all, I need to remember that my opinion does not always need to be heard.  Therefore I cannot be an offender.   But second of all I need to work on shielding myself from those words directed at me.   There is no need to reply to the opinion that is being expressed. Ignore it.  The conversation usually dies with that uncomfortable silence. Replying is the first step toward an argument.  Ignore them and gracefully walk away.   But then I need to turn off the replay in my mind.  What I should, would or could have said.  Just let it go.  Wouldn 't be nice if we could just tell ourselves that that is how I will act the next time and it would happen.  Well, I guess I will just practice.  They say it makes perfect.  But what it really does is make planned patterns of performance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment