Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tuesday

Tuesday is my favorite day of the week.  Along with Saturday I stay home all day.   I don't allow any outside forces to influence me on those two days.  It is totally relaxing.  I will quilt, read or knit.  Sometimes depending on the season I will jog, walk, ski or my new interest snowshoeing.  That is what I plan to do today.  Staying in my home for 24 hours straight grounds me.  I am able to better face the craziness of the world after I have spent a quiet day.  But that is not the only reason that I love Tuesday so much.  My favorite show The Biggest Loser is on.  Well, the new series starts today.  I can't wait to meet the contestants.  This year it is even more special as I have changed my gym location too.  Wednesday I start at Peak Performance.  I have spent 18 weeks at Anytime Fitness. I am sure that I have improved my physical fitness, but I did not get the results that I was hoping for.  I spent a lot of money for that membership and so far the only thing that was lighter was my wallet.  Not me that's for sure.  Well, now I have silver sneakers.  They are not the color or brand of my tennis shoes.  It is a program that my health insurance pays for.  Everything is totally free to me.  That bears repeating.  Free. I have a physical therapist that is hired to run the fitness center.  She assures me that we can get after my belly fat, balance and all over fitness,  I have a 8.5 by 11 card to record all my activity.  She teaches a class of aerobics on Monday and Thursday.  Again free.  I am committed to this gym.  Now not only am I a gym rat maybe I will get some results this time.  I am not going to make this a new year resolution.  That is something that goes in one year and comes out the other.  I have always broken my resolutions.  Even now if you listen really closely and you are really quiet you can hear them breaking all over the world.

Well people, wish me luck.  Both with staying grounded and with my physical fitness.      

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a great plan! I plan on getting on a new year plan after the middle of January when all the annual meetings are done at church. But so far not trying real hard have lost ONE pound!!! LOL could be 52 by the end of 2012.

    ReplyDelete