Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Headlights

This winter must have been hard on headlights.  Monday going in to pick up Dave for dailysis and return home again, I saw 5 one-eyed cars.  That was the most I have seen in one trip.  Anyway, when I was a kid we would say pa dittal.  I don't know why, but the first to say it won.  If you beat your siblings it was a good day.  I really struggled on how to spell it as I have never seen it spelled.   I don't think it is even a word.  I really wish I knew what and why we did that or if it was a family thing or if others did it. I just don't remember, but the word always came to mind when I see one-eyed car.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle and Joey call it that too. Joey said his family has always played that game. That was the first I had heard of it. I thought maybe it was just them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we'll get to the bottom of this yet.

    ReplyDelete